Keyword
Region
Town
Category
Sub Category

List your business FREE

Featured Businesses
MCC Property Services Pest Control.
Government Certified Pest Controller. Servicing Cantabrian Farms: For: Spiders Flys Cluster...
View business

Metcast Services Ltd
Importer of fertilizers aiming at supplying direct to the end user to reduce costs to farmers.
View business

greenXchange
We are a Nelson-based green technology business with an array of solutions suited to the New...
View business

Tree Topping
www.treetopping.co.nz

This machine has been designed and built to handle trees that other hedge trimmers can't or won't even try, starting with its specially made saw blade which is 1600mm across and hardened steel. Because of its revolving blade weight, it cuts through most large branches and trees in one slice.
Read more...
Farmside

Topic: Generating income from fabrication/welding

Last Post 20 Jul 17 by JoeClark, 1 replies Sort by:

Author Post

Joined 19/7/17
1 posts
Generating income from fabrication/welding
Posted 20 Jul 17
Just want to get some thoughts, opinions or advice re: fabricating general farm machinery and turning a profit. I'm thinking tractor implements, feeding and animal handling equipment.

Some of the stuff that I see on sale in co-op stores and garages is pretty well priced when I calculate the cost of materials and include for labour. Realistically and without crunching too many numbers I don't think that I could manufacture them any cheaper.I actually went through few resources of [Farming equipments video](http://blog.advids.co/20-stunning-farming-equipment-video-marketing-examples/) to find more information but could not find much that would help me.

However there are some items that I could build to much higher quality but I would need to sell at a higher price. I personally don't like equipment that is lightly built and skimping on steel, however most people just see the bottom line and do not compare like for like when procuring equipment.

I have welding and metalwork equipment with a decent size workshop that I would like to utilise in my spare time. It would serve as an additional income and cover the cost of my equipment.

Any advice appreciated?
Thank you.

Joined 31/7/06
60 posts
Re: Generating income from fabrication/welding
Posted 24 Jul 17
Hi Have you thought of any heavy duty ground driven bale feeders , I cant see any being made lately