Keyword
Region
Town
Category
Sub Category

List your business FREE

Featured Businesses
Farmside Limited
Farmside is New Zealand's leading rural telecommunications provider, supplying broadband to...
View business

Interbloc
Interbloc was invented in 2003 by Scott Bright, and over its seven years of being a market leader...
View business

AgSpares
Supplier of used and new tractor parts throughout New Zealand. We dismantle a wide range of modern...
View business

Tree Topping
www.treetopping.co.nz

This machine has been designed and built to handle trees that other hedge trimmers can't or won't even try, starting with its specially made saw blade which is 1600mm across and hardened steel. Because of its revolving blade weight, it cuts through most large branches and trees in one slice.
Read more...
My Farm Store

Topic: Silage Hoarders

Last Post 30 Aug 06 by ham45, 2 replies Sort by:

Author Post

Joined 23/8/06
12 posts
Silage Hoarders
Posted 30 Aug 06
I read the article on Silage Hoarders and are amazed at the statement made by our Minister of Agriculture Jim Anderton I quote " Minister of Agriculture Jim Anderton has warned that he will publicly expose anyone profiting at the expense of other people's misfortunes." I would like to point out to him that its supply and demand. These farmers paying the high prices have had the same opportunity to conserve feed as the sellers, but they have decided to turn that feed into profit at the time and now in the situation of having to buy at higher prices, Is Jim going to publicly expose those buyers when there is a surplus of feed?

Joined 18/10/06
1 posts
Re: Silage Hoarders
Posted 19 Oct 06
i agree with u.demand for silage after canterbury snow was pumped way up by farm consultants who should no better

Joined 16/3/08
2 posts
Re: Silage Hoarders
Posted 17 Mar 08
I am confused.
You agree that prices were pumped?
Or it was manipulated by farm consultants?

If the later then is OK?